PDF is one of the most popular and widely used file formats and as more people are working and studying on the go, it is important to have a good PDF reader app installed on your mobile devices. In this article, we’ve listed the best PDF Reader apps for your iPad and iPhone which can help you complete PDF related tasks easily and quickly.
Best PDF Reader for iPhone & iPad
1. Adobe Acrobat Reader
Inarguably, Adobe Acrobat Reader is the most popular PDF reader, not only on iOS platform but also on any other platforms. The reason is simple because PDF format was actually developed by Adobe back in 1993. It is the global standard for reliably viewing, annotating and signing PDFs. The application comes with a complete tool with all of the functions you could possibly need and a simple UI. The best thing overall about the app though is the name and support behind it.
- View and annotate the PDF files that you stored locally or various cloud services
- Easily zoom in on text or images for a closer view
- Collaborate with others by tracking changes or using comments
- Create shareable links over emails
- Loads of features means a bigger size than most PDF readers
2. PDF Reader Pro
PDF Reader Pro is a top PDF reader app which competes directly with the Adobe Acrobat Reader. It’s an extremely lightweight, fast, clean, and intuitive professional reader that allows you to open all mainstream file formats. With a few clicks, you can read and annotate your content, edit and manage PDFs, fill PDF forms, create a new PDF, backup your files via iCloud or other storage services. PDF Reader Pro helps optimize your work and lets you become more productive in no time.
- Open and view MS Office files, iWork, html, images, audios, videos and more
- Support various reading options including slideshow, text reflow, auto scroll, split view, multi-tab viewer
- Sync your file to iCloud, Google Drive, Dropbox and other remote servers
- Convert PDF to and from Word, PPT, Excel, JPG, PNG, HTML and more
- Create PDF from images, blank pages, clipboard content or from files browser
- Select page range first and extract images inside the PDF
- Built-in OCR function helps recognize and extract text in 50+ languages
- No cross-platform syncing feature
3. Foxit PDF Reader
Foxit PDF Reader is another recommendation for average users, the free version of this app comes with some basic functions like PDF viewing, annotating while the premium functions such as the TTS feature, password setting and many more are locked. With the help of cloud support, you can upload and download PDF files from popular storage providers. If all you need is a simple reader for daily use that doesn’t take up a lot of space on your devices, Foxit can be a great choice.
- Supports viewing MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, TXT and image files
- Scan paper documents and then convert them to the PDF format
- Create a blank PDF from scratch
- Insert audios and videos to PDF
- TTS feature requires a subscription
4. PDF Expert
PDF Expert is one of the best PDF apps on the App Store for your iPhone & iPad and it comes with lots of useful options to help you to read, highlight texts, make notes, fill forms, review documents and draw or annotate PDF documents. PDF Expert lets you open and read all types of documents and also helps you listen to your favourite eBook with TTS option. And you can also get super PDF editing features with this PDF expert after subscription.
- Edit outlines to conveniently navigate in PDF
- Replace pictures and edit original text
- Supports a variety of other document formats stored locally or in the cloud
- Redact feature lets you erase or hide the sensitive information in your PDFs
- You can only add your signature to the documents after purchase
5. Xodo PDF Reader
PDF Reader & Annotator by Xodo is another really good PDF which comes with notable functionalities. You can view, edit and annotate PDF files on your iPhone and iPad. Just like other readers, you can view and edit the PDF files from cloud storages like Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive and more. The app also features the really good cross-platform support which is another major plus. It also allows multiple users to access the documents and collaborate on the document.
- Fast PDF viewing engine with smooth navigation
- Support change of text size, crop images
- Real-time collaboration to annotate PDF files
- Multi-tab view to manage different files
- Menus are hard to find
PDFelement is a really good PDF reader app which provides the best cross-platform syncing. It allows you to read, edit, annotate, convert and even sign PDF files. You can also access the PDFs from iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive and Box using the app. There is also a built-in scanner which you can use to convert any document into PDF and you can also convert PDF to different file formats. Overall it offers a better reading experience if you are an avid reader.
- Convert PDF files to Word, Excel, PPT, HTML and RTF format
- Documents can be synced across devices running on different operating systems
- Add or delete PDF text and images, and adjust font attributes
- Quickly scan a photo and transform it into a PDF
- It is a quite heavy software and PDF loading takes time
7. WPS Office
Rated as the “Best Office App for Mobile”, WPS Office is a general office suite for you to view and edit different files like PDF, Word, Spreadsheet, Excel, Google Doc, Powerpoint and more. The features of its PDF reader includes viewing annotations, converting PDF files to different formats, text search, sharing PDF files, night mode, save PDF to cloud storages and many more. Even though the application is not PDF centric, it is the right choice if you're looking for a free mobile document editor that also reads PDFs well.
- Insert, delete, extract, reorder PDF pages
- Convert Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Docs directly to PDF
- Add PDF watermarks to protect PDF
- Create PDF files from blank documents or images
- Lack of premium features such as OCR, TTS and more
These are all the 7 top best PDF Reader Apps for iPhone & iPad that are worth trying. You can choose your favorite application according to your need to read and edit your PDF files. Plus, if PDF Reader Pro interests you, free download and have a try!
Here is another good news, PDF Reader Pro provides a special educational offer for all students and faculty with 50% off. Also, for individuals and businesses, all of you can enjoy a volume purchase program.