Whether we share papers with our classmates or show an important document to clients or partners, there must be some private information that we want to hide. The redaction tool allows you to permanently delete the sensitive information in PDF such as credit card numbers, telephone numbers, addresses, and other personal information. How to redact in PDF Reader Pro?
1. Click Redact on the toolbar;
2. Draw a rectangle over the text or directly choose the text you want to remove;
3. Now, you can change the properties of the redaction or delete the redaction by doing the following;
If you don’t like a black box, right-click the redaction and select properties in the drop-down windows. You can change the Outline Color and Fill Color of the redacted area. It is also possible to add the Overlay Text on the box as well as change the font and color of the text as you wish.
If you want to delete the redaction, right-click the redaction and hit Delete in the drop-down window. Or click the redaction and tap Delete on the keyboard.
4. Right-click the redactions and choose Apply Redactions. Or hit Apply in the upper left corner;
5. Click OK in the pop-up window and select a folder to save the file.
Make redactions default
1. Right-click the redaction you want to set as default -> hit Make Redactions Default.
2. Or right-click the redaction -> hit Properties in the drop-down window -> then tick Make Properties Default in the bottom left corner of the pop-up window -> click OK.
Preset properties of redactions
Click Properties at the top of the reading page and you can set properties for the redactions you are going to add.
Repeat mark across the page
Right-click the redaction that needs to be repeated -> hit Repeat Mark Across the Page -> choose from All Pages, Odd Pages Only, Even Pages Only, and Custom Range -> tap OK and you will see the redactions applied in the specific pages.
Click download to get a 7-day free trial now! Click PDF Reader Pro to know more advanced features!