What’s the W-8BEN Form?
FORM W-8BEN is used by a non-United States (non-U.S.) person who is a “beneficial owner” of ADSs in order to avoid United States federal income tax backup withholding on payments made in connection with the Offer. The non-U.S. person must be the beneficial owner of such payments in order for a withholding exemption to apply.
The form helps you claim a reduction or an exemption from the U.S. tax withholding if you reside in a country with which the United States has an income tax treaty and the income you received is subject to that treaty.
You must submit the form regardless of whether you are claiming a reduced withholding. Failure to submit a W-8BEN Form could result in paying either the full 30% rate or the backup withholding rate under section 3406.
Use PDF Reader Pro, the best PDF form filler, to fill out W-8BEN Form will save your time.
How to download W-8BEN Form?
You can download the W-8BEN Form on our website. Or you can download this tax form directly from the IRS website so that you can have the latest and correct version of the form.
How to fill out the W-8BEN Form?
Fill out a form with PDF Reader Pro can be a easy thing, please follow the following steps to fill out W-8BEN Form:
1. Download the W-8BEN Form from here;
2. Install the free trial of PDF Reader Pro, open your W-8BEN Form in PDF Reader Pro;
3. Click on any field and start typing your information, including your name, country, address, TIN and more;
4. Save the complete form so you can retrieve it in the future when you need modify your information；
5. Use PDF Reader Pro to sign it, add a date, print out the form and send it.
A non-U.S. person includes:
* an individual who is not a citizen or resident of the U.S.;
* a non-U.S. corporation;
* a non-U.S. partnership;
* a non-U.S. branch or office of a U.S. financial institution or U.S. clearing organization if the foreign branch is a qualified intermediary;
* a non-U.S. trust or estate;
* any other person who is not a U.S. person.
If you want to learn more about the specific instructions, please click here.
You should keep all the forms in one place for easy organization, for example in PDF Reader Pro on your iPad, iPhone or Mac. This enables you to quickly access the forms whenever you need them.
Once again, make sure you provide accurate information on your W-8BEN Form. If you are unsure of some items, always consult with your financial adviser.