What’s the W-4 Form?
The W-4 Form, is also called Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate. You complete W-4 Form so that your employer can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay. Your employer sends the money it withholds from your paycheck and your name and Social Security number to the IRS. Your withholding counts toward paying the annual income tax bill you calculate when you file your tax return in April.
It will be practical to store your W-4 Form filling record since you have to fill out the W-4 Form multiple times when switching jobs or making tax withholding adjustments.
Using PDF Reader Pro, the best PDF form filler, to fill out W-4 Form will save your time.
How to download W-4 Form?
You can download the W-4 Form on our website. Or you can download this tax form directly from the IRS website so that you can have the latest and correct version of the form.
How to fill out the W-4 Form?
Follow these simple 6 steps to fill out Form W-4:
1. Download the W-4 Form from here;
2. Install the free trial of PDF Reader Pro;
3. Start by referring to the Personal Allowance Worksheet to calculate the number of deductions you can claim.
4. Proceed to fill out your information and numbers in the Deductions, Adjustments, and Additional Income Worksheet.
5. Double check everything and save the form.
6. Use PDF Reader Pro to sign it, add a date, print out the form and send it your employer.
This form helps your employer calculate the correct amount of federal tax to be withheld from your pay. The consequences of not filling in the IRS Form W-4 correctly can be bad. Using the IRS Form W-4 wisely will save you a lot of trouble. So please avoid the below common mistakes:
- Misspelling your name or SSN in the W-4 Form will most likely result in your employer rejecting it; so make sure the information is entered correctly.
- Proper calculation of the number of deductions is extremely important to avoid surprises during the tax season as you may end up owing money to the IRS. On the other hand, if you overreport your deductions, you will end up with a smaller take-home amount in your paycheck, but a larger tax refund at the end of the year which is like giving the IRS a free loan.
- Make sure you select the correct marital status box as it will also affect the amount of tax withheld from your paycheck.
You should keep all the forms in one place for easy organization, for example in PDF Reader Pro on your iPad, iPhone or Mac. This enables you to quickly access the forms whenever you need them.
Once again, make sure you provide accurate information on your W-4 Form. If you are unsure of some items, always consult with your financial adviser.