What’s the W-8BEN-E Form?
The official document title of W-8BEN-E is Certificate of Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Entities). It is an important tax document which allows businesses operating outside of the U.S. to claim tax exemption on U.S.-sourced income.
According to U.S. tax regulations, any company paying a foreign entity conducting business within the U.S must withhold a mandatory amount of 30%. If the foreign company is based in a country which has a tax treaty with the U.S., 30% withholding will be exempted if company fills out and submits a W-8BEN-E. But if it fails to submit, or submits an inaccurate document, the foreign company must automatically pay the full 30% tax rate.
Use PDF Reader Pro, the best PDF form filler, to fill out W-8BEN-E Form will save your time.
How to download W-8BEN-E Form?
You can download the W-8BEN-E Form on our website. Or you can download this tax form directly from the IRS website so that you can have the latest and correct version of the form.
How to fill out the W-8BEN-E Form?
Fill out a form with PDF Reader Pro can be an easy thing, please follow the following steps to fill out W-8BEN-E Form:
1. Download the W-8BEN-E Form from here;
2. Install the free trial of PDF Reader Pro, open your W-8BEN-E form in PDF Reader Pro;
3. Click on any field and start typing your information;
4. Save the complete form so you can retrieve it in the future when you need modify your information；
5. Use PDF Reader Pro to sign it, add a date, print out the form and send it.
Do not use W-8BEN-E Form if:
* You are a U.S. person (including U.S. citizens, resident aliens, and entities treated as U.S. persons, such as a corporation organized under the law of a state).
* You are a foreign insurance company that has made an election under section 953(d) to be treated as a U.S. person.
* You are a nonresident alien individual.
* You are a disregarded entity, branch, or flow-through entity for U.S. tax purposes.
If you want to learn more about the specific instruction, please click here.
You should keep all the forms in one place for easy organization, for example in PDF Reader Pro on your iPad, iPhone or Mac. This enables you to quickly access the forms whenever you need them.
Once again, make sure you provide accurate information on your W-8BEN-E Form. If you are unsure of some items, always consult with your financial adviser.