Here are different types of comments you can add to a PDF file, they are text markup, text box, shape, anchored note, stamp, signature, picture, and link.
Add a Text Markup on PDFs
Text Markup allows the specific section in the document to pop out for the reader to notice quickly. The followings are the steps to add a Text Markup:
Tap the Tools on the toolbar -> choose Highlight, Underline, Squiggly, Strikethrough, or Freehand and apply it to the text that you want to annotate.
Highlighter: Highlight the important section of the text.
Underline: Draw a line below for emphasis.
Squiggly: Draw a squiggly line under.
Strikethrough: Underline words to let others know they have been deleted.
Freehand: Add freehand handwriting just like you do with a pen.
Add a Text Box on PDFs
Click Tools on the toolbar -> tap Text, then click on any place in the document and start typing.
Note: You can change the text properties through the properties panel on the right. Click the triangle icon or tap F4 to show the properties panel. You can change the font, fill color, border color, line width, and opacity of the text.
Add an Anchored Note on PDFs
1. Click Tools on the toolbar -> tap Anchored Note;
2. Click the area where you want to add comments -> enter the text in the note box;
3. Right click the icon to edit comments again -> Cut / Copy / Delete / Note.
Add a Shape on PDFs
1. Enter the reading page and click Tools on the toolbar;
2. Select between Rectangle, Circle, Arrow, and Line to add a shape.
Note: You can modify the Border Color, Line width, Line Style, Fill Color, and opacity of all the shapes through the properties panel on the right.
Add a Stamp Comment on PDFs
1. Tap Tools on the toolbar and click Stamp . There are 3 types of stamps including Standard, Dynamic, and Custom.
Standard: In Standard mode, choose the stamp you need, and put it where it should be.
Dynamic: In Dynamic mode, the stamp will show the time you create it and the operation method is the same as above.
Custom: In Custom mode, select Image Stamp, and add an image from a file. Or click Text Stamp, choose a text style and enter the text in the box.
2. Choose a stamp and put the stamp where it should be.
Add a Link Comment on PDFs
1. Click Tools on the toolbar -> tap Link;
2. Select an area on a page for a link to be inserted and set the link by Page, URL, and Email;
3. Delete the unwanted hyperlink by right-clicking the area that you created for it -> Delete.
Add an Image Comment on PDFs
1. Select Tools on the toolbar -> click Image ;
2. Select an image and then place it at any place on your PDF page;
3. Drag the image and move it to any place you want.
Add a Signature Comment on PDFs
1. Click Tools on the toolbar and then tap Signature ;
2. Tap + New Signature -> click Keyboard, Trackpad or Image;
Keyboard: Enter your signature in the blank area and you can modify the font and color of the signature.
Trackpad: Draw your signature in the blank area.
Image: Drop an image here or select an image from the file.
3. Tap Save & Apply and put the signature where you want.